Thursday, April 3, 2008

a new window evolves



So we begin a new window... This is my progress at the end of day 2. Day one was mostly cleaning out the Peter Rabbit Window and wallpapering the wall and border. The theme Gibson Girls.

One may wonder why??? Well, personally Charles Gibson is one of my favorite artist. His satirical views of the feminine ideal, politics, love, & social interactions were so ahead of his time. So when i stumbles across a 1905 Gibson Girl Collection Volume II, I new it was a sign. I purchased the book for a song, and chose my favorite images to incorporate within the new window. I will save the caption for the main art until completion. But the wallpaper borders where are print he entitles "Wallpaper; suitable for a gentleman's bedroom". It actually worked... !!

Well I hope you enjoy this journey with me. It will take a while because I am drawing out by hand my tribute version of his illustration, in marker (not paint) just as Gibson did back in 1903 when he illustrated this particular scene.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home